Veritas Chapel and Veritas Academy are a dual ministry, committed to advancing the Gospel of Jesus and his Kingdom into the nations. Following the example of Jesus when he called a few men to follow him, we are not concerned with reaching the multitudes, but with a few faithful, available, and teacheable men and women whom the multitudes will follow. Our dual ministry focuses on adults through church and community outreach, and children through Christian education.
- Bible Study - the word of God is foundation to all we do. We encourage individuals to pursue personal Bible reading and participation in Bible study through small groups (2 Timothy 3:16; Joshua 1:8). We offer opportunities to engage in small group Bible study at our location.
- Prayer - Prayer is a natural overflow of a meaningful time in scripture. In addition to personal prayer, corporate prayer is a vital part of our ministry and growth and we will commit to praying for our community (John 15:7; Philippians 4:6-7). We invite folks to pray with us on an individual basis or to join our corporate prayer times at our location. We also take prayer requests and commit to praying for our community and individuals.
- Fellowship - Build authentic relationships with one another through fellowship (1 John 1:3; Hebrews 10:24-25). Veritas doors are open to all who seek meaningful fellowship. Sunday mornings are a great time to walk in and join us for fellowship.
- Witnessing - The natural overflow of a rich and vibrant life in Christ is evidenced by a desire to tell others about Christ. As a community, we make it our goal to share the gospel with those who do not yet know Him, and to nurture young believers so that together we may grow into mature and fruitful believers (Matthew 4:19; Romans 1:16). We offer training in discipleship and outreach so that others may join us in fulfilling the Great Commission.
A quality education without an end goal in mind is inadequate. Our society is hungry for the type of leader who will impact our world in the way Daniel or Nehemiah did in their day. Daniel, who distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities, and who was found to be neither corrupt or negligent, was willing to risk his life instead of giving in to the pressure to bow down to a mortal King instead of the one and only true God. Nehemiah was not one to sit back, but rather, he was a social entrepreneur who was motivated to pursue an opportunity to create a pattern-breaking social change regardless of the resources that were within his control.
The overall goal of Veritas Academy is not to simply provide a different kind of education from that found in public schools, but a different kind of quality input into the life of the child who attends. What sets us apart is not that it is a classical education model; there are plenty of schools which can give a child that, without any spiritual input. And the end result of such an education will be simply a young adult more articulate about their inability to find a meaning in life to live for, to make sacrifices for, to achieve great things for and to die for. Like Werner Jaeger, who showed that the word paideia represented to the ancient Greeks an enormous ideological task of shaping the ideal man, Veritas Academy goes far beyond the scope of what we call formal education. It is an all-encompassing enculturation of the future citizen. It is this which we want our students to have, not just the mechanics of a system of learning, but the heart of a system of learning that creates transformed men and women bringing the Kingdom of God into time and history to create a new time, and a new history for this world.
Veritas Student Chapel is a vital part of the academic experience at Veritas. We seek to help parents and teachers positively focus their influence to shape the lives of children. We strive to make disciples of Christ through families and raise up a Christ-centered generation that is equipped to change society.As a vital part of Veritas Academy’s education, Veritas Chapel’s vision is to create disciples who are:
- Intellectually stimulated (Daniel 1:17)
- Grounded in the word of God (Colossians 2:7)
- Committed to the great commission (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Unique Design – we seek to help parents and their children understand the child’s unique hard wiring (abilities, preferred subjects, optimal circumstances, relationships, and “motivational payoff”).
- Achievement – we seek to help students maximize their achievement (pushing the academic, athletic or artistic envelope as far as possible within a broad based college and life preparatory context).
- Impact – we seek to help in the spiritual development of students to live for a Christ-centered purpose – to impact the world through biblical thought and action.
- Relationships -Veritas Chapel programs will focus on equipping individuals who desire to be discipled. These coaching/mentoring relationships will lead to intellectual, spiritual and emotional personal growth.
- Excellence in Teaching – Veritas will apply best practices, personal and professional growth, and accountability to ensure sound doctrine and Godly standards. Professional development and training with measurable goals and assessment of learning will be ingrained in the organizational culture.