The term Academy is generally defined as a society or institution of distinguished scholars and artists or scientists that aims to promote and maintain standards in its particular field. Merriam Webster further defines the term as a society of learned persons organized to advance art, science, or literature. As articulated in our mission, we at Veritas Academy, are establishing and equipping the next generation to lead with clarity and virtue. Our methods and content teach them to think clearly, cultivate wisdom and understanding, and eventually become mature adults who value truth, acknowledge God’s beauty, and do good. C.S. Lewis believed that an education must be rooted in holiness. He warned that “Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man into a clever devil.” Following his example, we know that our rigorous curriculum would be meaningless if it was not grounded in a biblical foundation.
Our Process and Strategies
- Careful student selection process based on aptitude for learning and parent commitment to collaboration with the school (Daniel 1:4).
- Careful teacher selection process.
- Instruction through biblical principles that yield moral character and civic virtue.
- Small class sizes for increased learning (max 12 students per class).
- Apply pedagogy-driven technology while cultivating wisdom and virtue.
- Teach Latin and expose students to the great books of Western civilization.
- Maintain accountability through accreditation.
- Uniform and dress code.