College preparation is not an end in itself, but can often lead to it because most colleges are built on a model that reveres language and reasoning. Classically educated graduates are eager to learn and have excellent faculties in language and reasoning. Thus, college is a natural outworking of our education model. But, the goal of education is to prepare students to worship and glorify God.
Veritas Academy offers individualized, introspective college and career advising throughout high school.
College Prep Process
- Become accustomed to the rigor and rhythm of their classes
- Pursue interests that invigorate them
- Get to know their peers, and enjoy College Prep
- May take the PSAT
- Focus on building their academic skills and excelling in their classes
- Are encouraged to participate in activities that bring them joy and inspiration
- Practice balancing coursework and play
- ACT and SAT Prep
- Strengths Finder
- Parents are invited to a presentation that outlines the specifics of the college counseling process
- A subsequent private meeting between parents and college counselors.
- Students visit colleges and universities and meet with professors and department chairs
- Students work closely with the counselors in both small groups and one-on-one settings
- Students receive individualized help with research and begin essay writing to ensure that their college search is substantive and productive
- May take the ACT and SAT
- PSEO (optional)
- Finish their essays
- Finalize their list of prospective colleges
- Submit their college applications
A true classical, liberal, civic education recognizes with Lincoln that if we know where we are, by knowing where we have been, we shall then know “whither we are tending.” (A Classical Education for Modern Times, Terrence O. Moore)