Classical education is the authoritative, traditional and enduring form of education, begun by the Greeks and Romans, developed through history and now being renewed and recovered in the 21st century. Veritas Academy is a Classical Christian school and is a proud member of the Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS).
By classical we mean:
- It follows the methodology of the Trivium, seeking to identify appropriate analogies of grammar, dialectic and rhetoric in all subjects and to teach all subjects in a manner consistent with the appropriate stage of development of the child.
- It understands the term “classical education” in the context of the classical search for wisdom and virtue through the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty.
- It emphasizes and seeks to preserve and pass to successive generations the richness of our Western cultural heritage.
By Christian we mean:
- All knowledge is made complete only when seen and understood in relation to the eternal glory and purposes of the triune God.
- Each aspect of our educational endeavor is founded upon and informed by a thoroughly biblical worldview.
- All subjects are taught as part of a unified, integrated whole that demonstrates God’s character and glory as revealed through creation, providence and Scripture.
A true classical, liberal, civic education recognizes with Lincoln that if we know where we are, by knowing where we have been, we shall then know “whither we are tending.” (A Classical Education for Modern Times, Terrence O. Moore)
ACCS Schools consistently achieve higher than public, religious and other independent schools. On average, students who receive a classical Christian education achieve 186 points above the median score on SAT tests. They also demonstrate a higher confidence and knowledge when speaki9ng on critical issues.
Furthermore, their reading, writing and math scores are significantly higher than the national average. Several nonpublic and parochial schools in Minnesota are now choosing to change to a classical curriculum.
Small Class Sizes
The Veritas Academy small class sizes translate to fewer interruptions, more time for instruction and the opportunity for teachers to get to know each student as an individual. Learn more.
Showing students we care about them helps us create a supportive environment where learning can flourish. Students learn very quickly that their teachers care about them. Learn more.
Our biblical values are foundational and are instrumental in training students to be good, loving and disciplined students with emphasis on growing in the knowledge of the Lord. Learn more.
Veritas Academy serves students who are not being served by a typical public or private school curriculum due to the fact that the curriculum is too low-level or too slow-paced. Learn more.